Friday, July 1, 2011

Keep Your Senses Open

My message today, July 1, 2011, from God wants You to Know on Facebook says: 

On this day of your life, Patty, we believe God wants you to know ... that today is a big day for you.  Yes, today. Keep your eyes open for a message. It might come in a shape of a bird flying overhead, or a graffiti on a wall, or a phrase said by a passerby, or... Whatever shape it has, this message has been trying to reach you for years, and today is finally the day. Keep your senses open. 

I wonder how many other people had this same message? In any case, I've had my senses open for a while now and what I keep coming back to is writing  - for a living.  The problem is I haven't written anything outside of school assignments and work projects.  When Alfredo died I kept sensing that I should write a book about my life but have kept pushing that thought to the back of my head.  It's really the only thing that makes sense except I have no clue how to get started.  I feel like I could alternately fill volumes of books or simply have nothing to say.  But I should right?  I should just start writing.  I guess that's why I started this blog in the first place but the vulnerability of sharing my past with the entire internet world seems to stop me.

So I should write my complete "book" offline and just post blogs about my experience in writing about my life.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment